
a review of Paperboys online modes on Xbox Live Arcade, now I felt it was only right to review the single player game.
Despite my feelings towards Microsoft's continued releases of old retro games on Live Arcade I couldn't help but be drawn back into Paperboy.
When you unlock the full game (which I decided to do the other day - much to my own surprise) you get access to all 3 levels and the online functions.
So 3 levels doesn't sound like much, however the true skill comes in trying to survive each difficulty level for a whole week as each day it increases in difficulty. I remember now that in the good old days it was all about what felt like near impossible challenges to complete - which obviously increases the chance that you won't complete the game in a day.
Without a doubt Paperboy is hard, the increasing difficulty kind of reminded me of challenges Jigsaw makes his victims face in the Saw movies.
"I want to play a game".........So the final verdict of Paperboy is that although there will be moments where you scream out at the telly due to an obstacle that stopped you in your perfect delivery streak - the game makes you want to try and try again. This is helped like most games in the challenge to unlock achievements. I applaud Paperboy for managing to stay a great game however if the online functions were better this would have elevated the game higher.
My advise - download the demo, if Easy Street doesn't get you hooked then this games not for you.
0 comments:
Post a Comment