Saturday, 3 February 2007

The Following Takes Place Between 3pm and 4pm

As some of you no doubt know the TV show "24" is currently showing it's sixth season (Day 6). With a seventh season (Day 7) no doubt in the making Jack Bauer will finally be able to quote "this was the worst week of my life!" - which true 24 fans will know is not quite true as each day does not carry on exactly where the last ended. Personally I always wondered if jack knows it's going to be a bad day when his alarm clock wakes him up by saying "The following takes place between 7am and 8am".

Unlike another American TV show I won't mention, 24 continues to deliver the goods and does not disappoint. This is definitely not a show you want to get Lost.....shit I said I wasn't going to mention that other show!

24 runs in real time and many people have claimed the show is unrealistic as it does not show Jack going to the toilet - well first of all I would just like to say "How many times do you want him to go to the toilet in one day?" and two that I think Jack is the master of choosing his moments and most likely takes his whizz in the 5 minute advert breaks - like we all do in real life (so how is this not true to life?).

Finally upon closing it has been announced that a 24 movie is in the pipeline, however breaking news suggests that Peter Jackson of Lord of The Ring fame is interested in directing the movie.
Apparently Mr Jackson feels this movie would enable him to beat his current 3hr+ movies record by being the first movie to last a full 24 hours. When also asked if the film would be broken up into parts like Kill Bill - Jackson laughed and said "Why would I kill Bill Buchanan?"

More news as this develops.

0 comments: