So you have just seen a great deal on Ebay for a Sony 4gb Memory Stick for the Psp, it seems too good to be true....in my case it was!
I am posting my most recent Ebay encounter to help any potential buyers avoid problems.
Anyway I won my item and it arrived very quickly which was good, however this was were things started to take a turn for the worse. I placed the card inside my psp and switched it on - everything was fine and the memory card showed 4gb. Then I switched the psp off to remove the card and use my memory card reader to quickly transfer some files......the card did not eject...panic soon stepped in and the card would not move. To cut a long story short it was finally removed with a pair of tweezers and lots of pulling.
Once out I hit the net to check if it was a fake, as I had heard of this kind of thing. Unfortunately it was. Below is an excellent guide for anyone out there who wants to spot if theirs is a fake:
http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/FAKE-Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-MagicGate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001535763
The reason I bought from the seller on Ebay was they were based in the UK and even mentioned it was safer to buy from them as it was a genuine Sony card, as buying from outside the UK can be more risky.
Lucky for me the seller provided me with a full refund after sending them the above linked information.
So in closing when it comes to buying memory I suggest you buy from a retail store.
Friday, 19 January 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment