My blog has been quiet these last few days as I have been away on business.
I don't live a jetset lifestyle, however I am lucky enough that in my role I do sometimes get to travel.
Friday was one of those days and this time the meeting was Union related.
I've been a Union Rep for my workplace for nearly 8 years now, however this was my first AGM meeting that I was attending.
The meeting was a Liverpool (somewhere I had never been before) so I stayed at the Holiday Inn which was in the city centre.
The whole process was an amazing experiance, from seeing things covered in my Union courses being carried out in an official capacity to the hotel room, food & drink.
Talking to some of the other reps at the meeting I learned there is still so much opportunity to develop in the role and I will be actively looking into this.
Finally I got all of Saturday to look around/shop in Liverpool before heading home.
This weekend has been a good one so far and although normally Sundays are not the most exciting day in the week, today I am excited as I'm due to record a new podcast that my friends and myself are starting up.
Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.
Sunday, 14 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment